• Subaru

Van Bortel Subaru

6327 Route 96,
Victor, NY 14564

  • Sales: (888) 902-7961
  • Service: (888) 379-6771
  • Parts: (888) 379-2819

One of the Largest Subaru Dealers in the Nation!

2013 Subaru Legacy - Rochester

2013 Subaru Legacy



The new Legacy is bigger, more powerful, and more capable than ever before.  It's a family sedan for enthusiasts!


96% of Subaru vehicles built in the last 10 years are still on the road.

 
The most fuel efficient all-wheel drive car.
  

The Legacy earned top ratings in all three of the Institute's crash tests - offset frontal as well as side and rear impact - plus it offers electronic stability control.
 
 

2012 Residual Value Award. Best Midsize Car!
Higher predicted resale value than the Honda Accord, Toyota Camry and all other Midsize Cars by ALG.

 
Legacy 2.5i
Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle- PZEV

 
2013 Subaru Legacy Review

What's New

For 2010 Subaru completely redesigned the Legacy, stretching the wheelbase, widening the track and raising the height, giving the Legacy the ability to now comfortably transport the whole family. As the model was all-new in 2010, the 2011/12 Legacy is largely a carryover, with a few minor trim level and option package changes. Folding exterior mirrors now standard on all models....and the Blue-tooth feature is standard starting on the Premium trim levels!

Exterior

The 2011 Subaru Legacy has a more grown up look to it, providing the sportiness we have come become accustomed to but with a more mature style. But with any design change, some find the new look to be a step backward.

Interior

The Legacy's larger dimensions and clever interior packaging provide much more usable room on the inside, and the cabin materials and overall build quality have been improved. The new Legacy has 3.9-inches of increased rear legroom and 3.6 inches wider than the old model!

Performance & Handling

The outdated four-speed automatic transmission is gone, replaced with a five-speed unit. Subaru's Lineatronic CVT that is working its way through its lineup is a capable continuously variable transmission. A six-speed manual is also available depending upon configuration. The updated 3.6-liter H-6 now gives the Legacy the much needed torque that the outgoing 3.0-liter six lacked. You really notice this when leaving a stop light or making a pass on the freeway.

Safety

The Legacy features four-wheel anti-lock brakes (ABS) with brake assist, dual front airbags, side seat mounted airbags, curtain first and second row overhead airbags, airbag occupancy sensor, traction control, and all-wheel drive.
 


2010-2012 Subaru Legacy

The Subaru Legacy sedan, succeeding for two decades, has been redesigned for 2010. The 2010-12 Subaru Legacy boasts fresh styling, a redesigned body structure, new engines, new transmissions, redesigned suspension, and a new interior with vastly increased roominess. All Legacy models come with all-wheel drive. In fact, all Subarus come with all-wheel drive.

This fifth-generation Legacy offers a 3.2-inch longer wheelbase that adds nearly 4 inches of rear seat legroom, 9 percent increased passenger volume, and a whopping 30 percent increase in trunk space, when compared with pre-2010 models. But it's only 1.4 inches longer overall, thanks to shorter overhangs. In 2010, the Legacy was widened by 3.6 inches and its chassis stiffened by 39 percent for ride, handling and stability.

Powertrains include a new 3.6-liter six-cylinder engine, a new turbocharged double-overhead-cam four-cylinder, and a revised 2.5-liter single-overhead cam engine.

The body has been restyled as well, though nothing radical. More pronounced fender flares reflect today's styling, and there's a nice new grille with a bolder chrome trademark wing. Most of the many improvements are under the skin.

We found the 2012 Legacy wonderfully comfortable, with roomy seats front and rear, and high-quality interior trim. We particularly liked the perforated leather on the Limited models. These aren't luxury cars necessarily, but they are premium cars in terms of the quality of materials and the engineering that goes into them. The trunk on this sedan is quite large.

We found the 2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i, the base model, effortless to drive. The transmission works automatically, with nothing to do but put it in Drive and go; the CVT gets good fuel economy while the six-cylinder 3.6R has strong low-rpm power for excellent drivability.

Both of them offer good handling, benefits of the all-wheel drive, a low center of gravity and nicely tuned suspensions.


Check out our current Subaru Legacy inventory 

or give us a call to special order the vehicle you want.  585-924-5230

Certified Pre–Owned Subaru Stellar Performer